- What is co-op housing?
- About CHF BC
- Save more
- BC Talk
Model Rules 2.0
CHF BC is pleased to provide Model Rules 2.0, a bold new standard in housing co-op governance. You’ll find a complete set of tools to make the process of updating your Rules easy.
Model Rules 2.0 is:
- fully compliant with the 2013 changes to the Co-operative Association Act
- based on more than a decade of feedback from co-ops and the organizations that support them
- built for today and for life after your CMHC operating agreement
- written with the best co-op legal advice
- simple, easy to use and apply to the most common situations your co-op will face
- full of fresh new ideas and approaches to good governance and principled leadership
Why new Model Rules?
As you work on updating your Rules and Occupancy Agreement, CHF BC can:
- find answers to your questions in this Model Rules 2.0 webinar from October 2014
- answer your questions about the new model
- comment on your draft Rules before you take them to your members for approval
For more intensive, hands-on assistance, CHF BC can:
- offer additional consulting as needed (fee for service)
- attend meetings to answer questions
- chair a meeting to make decisions
- facilitate a process — in whole or in part — to help you get from start to finish. Our expert consultants can work with your Rules committee, directors or members.
- word-process the final copy of your new Rules and Occupancy Agreement (fee for service)
Visit Model Rules 2.0 on our members-only page. We’ll guide you through the process from start to finish.
You’ll want to set up a member-only account if you don't have one yet. Here’s how
The new model is designed to be an on-line resource. We will update the model periodically with your feedback to make sure that it continues to represent the gold standard in co-op governance. Check our website regularly to see how the model is evolving to meet the governance needs of housing co-ops.
So let’s get to work. These are challenging times for housing co-ops, and Model Rules 2.0 is the governance resource you need to face the future with confidence.