- What is co-op housing?
- About CHF BC
- Save more
- BC Talk
Board of directors
The board is responsible for making sure that the co-op is well managed. It sounds simple, but a co-op's success or failure as a business and as a community depends on it. Good directors are the cornerstone of good governance. This full-day workshop will equip you to be the best board and director you can be.
A good board understands:
- what it needs to achieve for success
- its legal obligations
- its role - and the role of members, staff and committees - in governing and managing the co-op
- how the governing documents guide co-op decision-making and actions
- how to hold effective board meetings
- the most common mistakes and how to avoid them
- what it will take to become a co-op with a sustainable future.
For directors, we'll explore:
- how you can contribute to the results your board needs
- working together as directors
- directors' legal duties and how to be a principled leader.
This workshop is a variation of Boot Camp for co-op directors.
Available as a portable workshop