- What is co-op housing?
- About CHF BC
- Save more
- BC Talk
Preparing a co-op budget
The budget is your financial plan for the year. You can't operate without one. If it's done properly, preparing a budget and getting members to approve it can be a positive experience that unifies the co-op and lays a solid foundation for your financial performance during the year.
Members do care how their money is spent.
Come to this workshop if you want to:
- learn a step-by-step procedure for developing a co-op operating budget
- practise techniques for gathering information and applying it to your financial situation
- share ideas for getting the budget approved by members
- understand how to read financial statements
- learn how to use the budget as a tool for financial control and member education after it's approved.
Available as a portable workshop