- What is co-op housing?
- About CHF BC
- Save more
- BC Talk
What makes a good board?
The board is responsible for making sure that the co-op is well managed. It sounds simple, but a co-op's success or failure as a business and as a community depends on it. A good board understands:
- what it needs to achieve success
- its legal obligations
- its role - and the role of members, staff, and committees - in governing and managing the co-op
- how the co-op's governing documents guide decision-making and actions
- the most common mistakes and how to avoid them
- what it will take to be a co-op with a sustainable future.
We'll show you some tools that will help you plan for effective board meetings based on an annual calendar.
Available as a portable workshop